Join Our Rapidly Growing Company
Guy M. Turner, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Dispatcher for the company's crane department in Greensboro, NC The dispatcher is responsible for the efficient coordination of company equipment and employees to meet customer needs and company requirements.
- Dispatch crane operators, riggers and drivers on a daily basis to perform jobs. Receive phone calls from customers for the sizing, scheduling, and booking of cranes and equipment.
- Coordinate scheduling of cranes, trucks, trailers, and equipment.
- Acquire and order routes and permits.
- Liaison between customers, operators, crews, operations, and management.
- Issue and maintain records of tools to employees
- Unload and load trucks on both the yard and warehouse.
- Maintain warehouse inventory utilizing record keeping software.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with mechanic.
- Enter time cards for payroll weekly
- Associates degree (preferred) or relevant work experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner towards customers and co-workers.
- Attention to detail; excellent time management and scheduling skills.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Previous dispatch experience
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Experience driving fork truck.
- Scheduling software experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong map reading skills