Outside Sales - Cranes
Join Our Rapidly Growing Company
The Outside Sales Rep position focuses on the sales and job estimation within the crane rental and crane service industry. This is a position based locally servicing an area of roughly 30 miles around Greensboro. The primary role is the selling of the company’s crane rental/crane service services. The position is responsible for enhancing and increasing the customer base of the company’s crane rental/crane service division through exceptional sales and customer service. The person will be equipped to attract and retain relationships with current and future customers and work directly with customers to secure crane rental/crane service for current and future client requirements.
As a candidate for this position you should have the following:
- Willingness to train and understand job estimation.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Self-motivated, self-starter.
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial, mechanically inclined mindset.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Beginning of Day: Must report to the office first thing each morning and before the end of the day.
- Review current day’s schedule to ensure that this person’s jobs are on schedule.
- Communicate with dispatch, quote jobs, complete any type of necessary lift planning through computer software.
- Prospecting for new customers, new job sites (proper daily sales planning is necessary).
- Call on prospective or assigned customers and job sites. Work the territory.
- Visiting pre-arranged customer or job site appointments (arranged by this person).
- End of Day: Develop next day’s schedule. Develop a selling plan of action on how to approach the next day. Ensure that all information has been communicated to dispatch regarding the next day’s schedule.
- Sales calls.
- Job estimation.
- Timely submittal of quotes to customers and follow-up on quotes.
- Booking and overseeing a job.
- Communicating with the customer about scheduling.
- Quotes – both verbal and written.
- Tracking and follow-up of quotes.
- All equipment needed for a job is planned with dispatch and dispatched accordingly.
- Communicating any special requirements from the customer or job site to dispatch and the crane operator.
- Communication with management, including updates on quotes, customers, jobs, and current and prospective leads.
We are an industry leader in providing employee benefits packages and competitive salaries. We offer equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.