We are seeking an experienced Crane Service Manager to join the team. The Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance for our crane fleet.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for a fleet of mobile hydraulic cranes and lattice boom crawler cranes
- Coordination of repair activities between crane dispatch and the maintenance shop
- Assigning such repairs to properly qualified technicians and shop support personnel
- Management responsibility for our group of crane technicians
- Maintaining rapport with new and existing vendors
- Involved with progress of repairs and monitoring of repair progress
- Maintaining clean, safe, and efficient shop conditions
- Forecast daily service work-load
- Follow up on work assignments
- Responsible for hiring, directing and training shop personnel
- Open work-orders.
- Open and maintain purchase order system
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge: Heavy construction equipment maintenance. Ideally knowledge of Mobile Cranes and Crawler Cranes.
- Skills: Motivating people to contribute a full day’s work for a day’s pay. Review problems and associated information, develop and implement corrective actions.
- Abilities: To assign work to individuals and team with expectations for safety, quality, on time delivery and productivity. To follow-up on assignments and provide positive and constructive feedback.
CERTIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Previous experience working directly with heavy equipment and/or cranes is preferred
- High school diploma or GED