A COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
Guy M. Turner, Inc. is committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, the personnel of our clients and the general public. We achieve this by maintaining a comprehensive and rigorous safety program, and firmly believe that “the only time to prevent an accident is before it happens.”
We work hard to make sure all projects are performed within the standards of the program by providing safety plans and training that fit the needs of the project. With a full-time safety staff and executive management support, it is our goal to continually improve our safety culture.
Our Safety Department strives to ensure that our personnel are informed and equipped with the latest training and operating methods. For example, our crane operators are certified by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO). In addition, annual inspections are performed on our equipment by third-party inspectors.
At Guy M. Turner, our dedicated on-site maintenance facility provides support as needed to ensure that our equipment is in top shape to accommodate the needs of our customers.
- Employee OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour construction classes
- New hire orientation
- All inclusive safety committee –– every department is represented
- Safety meetings are held weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Driver safety manual in addition to corporate safety manual
- MSHA trained personnel (Part 46)
- Crane operators are NCCO certified
- Job safety inspections & risk assessments
- We provide 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA construction
- Fall protection and fall hazard protection
- Forklift, versa-lift, scissor-lift, etc.
- First aid and CPR
- Signal person
- Hazardous communication
- MSHA (Part 46)
THIRD PARTY PRE-QUALIFICATION:
- BROWZ, LLC.
- PICS Auditing
- First Verify