Foreman – Rigging/Machinery Moving
The Rigging Foreman is a top-level hands-on position. You will be responsible for leading work crews and workers engaged in the lifting and moving of materials, and machines, while utilizing power operated equipment such as hoists, winches, cranes, forklifts etc. The Rigging Foreman typically works without supervision, expected to work long hours, and subject to working weekends and holidays.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in all rigging and lifting activities, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements. Familiar with heavy lift plans and procedures.
• Assists and determines the proper method of lifting equipment for each assigned project.
• Conducts basic loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the customer equipment and ensuring the proper use of each equipment method.
• Directs crew to move equipment to and from work areas.
• Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project.
• Ensures that work crews are properly supplied with tools, equipment, and materials. Prevents the misuse of equipment, materials, and tools.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Keeps records of all work completed.
• Specifies locations for movement of machinery using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment.
• Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all OSHA Safety procedures, including all Company rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience.
• Must have 1-3 years of rigging or heavy lift experience.
• Must have 2-3 years Forman experience,
• Must be proficient with basic computer skills.
• Must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
• Prefer candidates with at least 1-3 years of experience as Foreman or Lead position.
• Safety training and certification preferred.
• This job requires the employee to stand, walk, sit, and stand for long periods of time, and ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
• Approximately 90% of time spent in external conditions which may include temperature variance, elevated noise levels, dust, and fumes; Travel is required possible overnights.
The employee will be required to wear appropriate PPE equipment. The employee could occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the workplace is moderate.